Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Command Center

Every home has a command center.  This is where you keep all the field trip slips, bills that need to be paid and calendars.  There is probably a big pile of papers in that area too that need to be sifted through.  I want to show you how I organized my command center.  We have a small built in desk in our kitchen which makes for the perfect place for all sorts of important items.  I will get down to the nitty gritty of my command center next week, but I just want to give an overview of how ours is set up. I like to have everything at my fingertips so on the counter I have a file box that contains a folder for each person in the family as well as folder for things to be filed.







 My calendar hangs in the wall space above the counter.





  My most favorite new addition to this area is the wire basket for the kids to dump all their papers in at the end of the day.  






 This way I don't have to rummage through their backpacks or possibly miss something important.  My bill paying binder is also a new addition.  I used to keep a file folder for bills to be paid but I wanted a binder to keep my budget and other must-haves for our finances.  There are so many delightful parts to our command center that I can't wait to share but for now I will give you the brief list of the major elements in this area.

1. Calendar 
2. File box
3. Emergency number list
4. Pencil holder
5. Bill paying binder


What are your must-have items for your command center?  



No comments:

Post a Comment